Tuesday, April 5, 2016
1. Law enforcement officers, firefighters, and detectives
2. Soldiers throughout service branches
3. Farmers, fishery, and forestry workers
4. Installation, maintenance, automotive, and repair technicians
5. Truck drivers and laborers
6. Management, business, and financial operation positions
7. Janitors, cleaners, and landscapers
Wednesday, February 17, 2016
Wednesday, January 13, 2016
• Loneliness has twice the impact on early death than obesity.
• Loneliness is a form of stress, causing an inflammatory response, which harms the blood vessels and heart.
Saturday, December 12, 2015
No exercise at all when experiencing muscle/joint pain, headache, fever, malaise, diarrhea, vomiting.
Day 2 of illness:
If body temp >37.5-38 C, or increased coughing, diarrhea, vomiting, do not exercise.
If no fever or malaise and no worsening of “above the neck” symptoms: light exercise with pulse less than 120 bpm for 30-45 minutes, by yourself, indoors if winter.
Day 3 of illness:
If fever and symptoms still present: consult doctor.
If no fever/malaise, and no worsening of initial symptoms: moderate exercise with pulse less than 150 bpm for 45 - 60 min, by yourself, indoors if winter.
Day 4 of illness:
If no symptom relief, no exercise. Go to doctor.
If fever and other symptoms improved, wait 24 hours, then return to exercise.
If new symptoms appear, go to doctor.
(Source: Precision Nutrition)
Monday, November 9, 2015
Tuesday, October 13, 2015
Sunday, September 13, 2015
1. What is this prescription for?
2. How will this medicine help me?
3. What are the side effects?
4. How do I take this medicine?
5. Do you know how expensive this is, or if my insurance plan will cover it?
6. Are there non-drug options I can try?
7. Why is this new drug better for me than what I was taking?